Belfast - Home based with paid travel all over the UK!
3 working days, flexible hours, 20-25 hours minimum
Reports to: General Manager – Clients and Compliance (GMCC) & Directors.
Job Type: part time, permanent
Zen Fundraising prides itself on being an Equal Opportunities employer and particularly welcomes applications from those who identify under one of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010 which are:
- Gender reassignment
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
- Marriage and civil partnership
Zen Fundraising is a family run business based on ethical principles.
You will be expected to;
• Ensure that Zen’s internal and subcontracting partners’ fundraisers and teams are working within the rules and expectations set out by the Fundraising Regulator, the Chartered Institute of Fundraising, Zen’s charity partners and Zen.
• Work within and promote the values and ideals of Zen Fundraising and the charity partners in all that you do.
About the Role
Zen have multiple charity partners, multiple subcontracting partners and internal fundraising teams. It is the responsibility of the Compliance Officer to ensure that the fundraising teams, whether internal Zen teams or subcontracting teams, are representing our charity partners with the utmost professionalism.
Through our established processes and through your own innovation you will assess the quality of the work carried out by the fundraising teams through a combination of in-field observation, mystery shopping, welcome call evaluation, door-to-door shadowing and KPI reports.
For Zen’s internal teams you will also be responsible for evaluating leaders’ and managers’ adherence to our training systems.
For all of the above, reports will be compiled and submitted to the GMCC.
It is expected that the position will be around 75% in-field work and 25% working from home.
From time to time, you may also be required to investigate complaints, attend disciplinary meetings, and evaluate the work of Zen’s tele-fundraisers through call listening.
Travel and occasional overnight stays will be an essential part of the position. Zen currently have teams in Belfast with the possibility of ROI travel with future campaigns.
Other Responsibilities include:
• Prompt response to and action on matters referred to you as high importance by the GMCC.
• Building good working relationships with all those involved in the programme.
• Observation of and strict adherence to the policies and procedures set out by Zen.
• Honest and reliable reporting of the facts as observed.
• Observation of and strict adherence to the Fundraising Regulator Code of Conduct, Fundraising Promise and Code of Practice for Street, Door-to-Door and Private Site Fundraising.
The successful candidate will;
• Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the face-to-face fundraising sector
• Be familiar with the Fundraising Regulator Face-to-Face rulebooks
• Have an ethical professional character that displays honesty and integrity at all times.
• Possess tact, diplomacy and assertiveness to inspire, build confidence and motivate team members in a changing environment.
• Be a problem solver, able to prioritise, manage risks and improve performance
• Have the ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
• Be computer literate with at least a basic understanding of all Microsoft Office applications
• Ideally have a drivers license and access to a car
The candidate will be accountable for, and will be assessed on;
• Honesty and Integrity
• Prioritising the interests of our charity partners first and foremost
• Quality Orientation
• Commitment to Excellence
• Team work
• Commitment to learning
Leadership and Managerial Skills;
• Working to Deadlines
• Conceptual and Analytical
• Negotiation and Conflict resolution
• Personal Effectiveness
• Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Communication skills
• Creativity and Change
• Self-Management and Development
• Presentation skills
• Problem solving
• Numeric skills
• Attention to detail
• Planning and Organisation
• Job Motivation
• Persistence and Consistency
The Compliance and Training Officer will have support from the GMCC and Directors to ensure that all aspects of compliance & motivation are well covered and will receive training, support and personal development. Opportunities for advancement will be provided within the growth plans of our family business in which everybody’s voice is important.
To apply email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org